Monday, November 28, 2011

Giving Thanks

"Come, ye thankful people, come, Raise the song of harvest-home: All is safely gathered in, Ere the winter storms begin; God, our Maker, doth provide, For our wants to be supplied: Come to God's own temple, come, Raise the song of harvest-home." (Come, Ye Thankful People, Come)

When I first heard this hymn on the radio, it really impacted me. It really made me think "Do I thank the Lord every day for all that I have?"
Thanksgiving day: Getting up, going out early to do some hunting with the boys. Come home, enjoy a brunch, watch the parade, football, and have thanksgiving dinner. Before Papa asked for the Lord's blessing on the food, tradition is that we all say what we're thankful for. I sat there thinking, "There are so many things that I am thankful for, it's hard to name just one" :) Later I was thinking again, you know, we shouldn't just be telling the Lord what we're thankful for once a year, but we should be thanking him daily for His blessings on us! I do try very hard to thank Him as often as I can, but with all the hustle and bustle of life, and the beginning of the holiday season, often times, I forget where my thankfulness really lies. He truly has blessed me in so many ways!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! And remember where our thankfulness lies.


HJH

No comments:

Post a Comment