Monday, July 22, 2013

A blessing in disguise....

Last Wednesday evening, I was tucked away in bed, fast asleep when Leif wakes me up. "Hannah," he says "family meeting downstairs..." My first thought was "come on, it's 10:30 pm! I need to sleep! But as soon as I got down to the living room, I was wide awake, and focused. Apparently papa had gotten a call from uncle Paul or one of the other family members, with news that grandma was not feeling good.... After some discussion, it was decided that I would drive out to grandma's house that night, and be there for her. So, I threw some clothes in my backpack, grabbed my Bible, headed out the door and was down the road in 10 minutes. When I arrived at grandma's she was sound asleep (looked like she fell asleep while doing something on her iPad....) so I tucked her into bed and then hit the hay myself. The next day we went to the clinic in Ashland and found out from the doctor that she had food poisoning, and a small bladder infection.... Not fun. :( the past few days I have been hanging out here at the cabin grandma, helping her get back to normal... I thought about it....as much as this has been hard on both of us, we have had a wonderful time together! It had been way too long since grandma and I just had some time to ourselves... So even through these trials and tribulations, The Lord still shows His blessings.... :) I am still praying for grandma's health and strength, and would appreciate it if you could keep her in your prayers, too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment