Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Deer




Two weeks ago was the opener of hunting season for Wisconsin. Seth and I went out early on Saturday morning, and didn't see anything. We went out at later in the afternoon, Seth sat back in the woods, Leif was by the pole barn, and I was in the field. I stood out in the field for about two hours, during that time two deer had run across the field (I did not take a shot at them because they were too far away). At 4:00 another doe came out, she stopped, then looked back towards the woods that she came from. At that moment, I thought that there must be another deer coming, and sure enough, out came a little two point buck came prancing out. He stopped right in front of me, I took one shot, the buck jumped then took off running.
There is a lot more to the story, but I won't go into detail. I ended up finding my buck, and that's pretty it!

No comments:

Post a Comment